Providing Insight for Team Success
“The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”Phil Jackson
Team 360 Degree Feedback
When most people think of 360 degree feedback, they immediately envision an individual process… and there’s no question, it’s a powerful process for the individual. However, there is power well beyond the individual. When results are aggregated and viewed through the context of the team, organizations are able to uncover key insights that can accelerate team development.
STEP 1: All team members (and team lead) participate in the 360 feedback process.
STEP 2: All participate in 1:1 feedback coaching sessions with a 3D Group Lead Consultant
STEP 3: The Lead Consultant analyzes both team data and coach notes.
STEP 4: A high-level summary is presented to the supervising executive or team leader.
STEP 5: Implications for team building, succession planning, and strategic planning are explored.
3D Group’s Board Effectiveness Profile is an instrument that measures the most relevant aspects of a board functioning for corporate boards. The assessment process provides a self-evaluation to help set strategic priorities and assess skill gaps for director succession planning.
Each director rates the board as a whole on 63 standard questions as well as providing open-ended comments. Survey questions are clear, behavioral, and contain a minimum of jargon.
In addition to the core questions, surveys are customized to reflect each board’s committee structure as well as providing an area to collect feedback about specific board initiatives.
The survey can be completed over the Internet or via paper and takes 15–20 minutes to complete depending on how many comments directors provide.
What Does the Board Effectiveness Profile Measure? Expand for all the Details!
Facilitating Organizational Effectiveness
- Mission, Vision, Values– the extent to which the board is aligned with the company’s core values, mission, and corporate vision.
- Leadership Succession– the development of effective succession plans for the CEO, board members, and organization-wide leadership.
- Operational Excellence– the board’s understanding of the company’s core products, customers, marketplace, finances, human resources management and information technology in relation to the company’s core business.
- Performance Management– CEO pay, the CEO review process and metrics to assess organizational effectiveness.
Oversight and Risk Management
- Oversight and Risk Management– understanding of international, regulatory, legal and financial issues required for effective oversight.
- Board Structure– the appropriateness of board committees, extent membership diversity, conflict resolution procedures, and meeting productivity.
- Decision Making Processes– inclusion of different viewpoints, consideration of appropriate and complete information, open discussion and presence of board consensus.
- Board Competencies– strength of the board as a whole in 8 key areas: Ethics, Analytical Thinking, Industry Knowledge, Teamwork, Communication, Political Savvy, Legal Insight and Financial Acumen.
- Meeting Logistics– meeting location, attendance, frequency and the usefulness of management reports presented at meetings.
- Relationship with the CEO– trust and respect between the CEO and the board, clarity of the CEO role and the role of the board in relation to the CEO.
- Customized for each board– Each board committee is rated on the reliability, usefulness and timeliness of their reporting.